Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 168 hrs
A quick recipe for pickled corn. Adapted from a comment thread at Serious Eats.
Make and share this Pickled Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Place one quart canning jar and a ring into a pot of water. Bring to a rolling boil for five minutes. Meanwhile, put a canning lid into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cut corn off the cobs. (A good way to do this is to place a paper bowl upside down in a large mixing bowl, and rest the stem end of the cob on the bowl. This allows you to slice the corn straight into the bowl without nicking your knife.).
- Carefully remove the jar from the water and drain. Add salt, vinegar and sugar. Pack the corn into the jar (4 1/2 lbs of corn-on-the-cob should make about 1 quart). Fill jar with water, leaving 1" headspace. Set the lid on the jar and loosely set the ring in place.
- Store jar in a cool place for 1-2 weeks, then tighten the ring and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Suggestion: rinse well with cold water, drain thoroughly, then saute in bacon grease with diced onion, and red and/or green bell pepper. Add crumbled bacon before serving.