- 1 lb green asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- 4 chive blossoms
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add asparagus, to boiling water and cook uncovered until barely tender (5 to 7) minutes.
- Pack flowers with vegetables in a glass container that has a lid.
- Combine white wine, water and sugar or honey in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour hot liquid over asparagus and chive blossoms to cover them.
- Cover the jar and shake to release any trapped bubbles.
- Chill at least overnight and up to 2 weeks.