1 hr 15 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
This recipe is on my 'canning list' for this summer. Chiles are growing as we speak :) Recipe from Gourmet August/2008 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You also will need 4 1/4 pint canning jars with lids.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle.
- 3Cut off and discard top of garlic head to expose cloves, then wrap in foil and bake until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- 4Cool to warm, then peel cloves and transfer to a food processor.
- 5Stem chiles and add to processor along with vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- 6Pulse until finely chopped.
- 7Simmer chile mixture in a small saucepan, stirring 2 minutes.
- 8Sterilize jars and lids.
- 9Place 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme in each jar, leaving 1/4 inch of space at top.
- 10Run a clean rubber spatula between sauce and sides of jars to eliminate air bubbles.
- 11Wipe off rims of filled jars with a damp clean kitchen towel, then firmly screw on heated lids with screw bands.
- 12Place in canner or a pot with enough hot water to cover jars by 2 inches.
- 13Bring to a full boil, cover and boil covered for 10 minutes.
- 14Transfer to towel lined kitchen counter.
- 15Check seals once jars have cooled. If a jar didn't seal properly store in refrigerator.
- 16Shelf life approximately 6 months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Chile Relish
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 879.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: