1/1 Photo of Pickled Cherry Peppers
I love those cherry peppers from the grocer. Growing just one bush can give you enough supply for a year. Great for use in Italian dishes, stuffed with cheese or on sandwiches, but especially good in Pork Chops and Vinegar Peppers. Update: I find the red and yellow peppers are sweeter. The green ones have too much of a 'bite'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize 5 pint-sized canning jars, rings and lids by boiling them in a large pot for at least 10 minutes, making sure they are completely submerged.
- 2Rinse the cherry peppers thoroughly under cool running water, removing any visible dirt or debris. Trim the stem from each pepper with a small, sharp knife. You do not need to actually remove the stem; simply cut it down to a manageable size.
- 3Place the peppers into your sterilized jars. They should fill the jars most of the way, but don't forcibly stuff them inside. Add spices and garlic cloves to each jar.
- 4Put the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and sugar into a saucepan. Bring these ingredients to a gentle simmer and allow them to cook until the sugar and salt completely dissolve, about 5 minutes.
- 5Pour the vinegar mixture over the ingredients in each jar. Leave approximately 1/4 inch of air at the top of each jar. Wipe the rim of each jar with a paper towel, then put the lids and rings on the jars.
- 6Process the jars in boiling water for at least 10 minutes. You should do this with a water bath canner if possible. If not, fill a large pot with hot water, add the jars (which should be standing upright and fully submerged with 1 inch of water over the top of the lids), cover and bring the water to a boil for at least 10 minutes.
- 7Remove the jars from the hot water, allow them to cool, then check the seal by pressing on the top of each jar with a finger. If the top is slightly inverted and does not give when you press on it, the jar is properly sealed. Store properly sealed jars for several weeks before eating the peppers.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Cherry Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (2244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 648.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: