Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent accompaiment to any cold roast meats, pates, etc, and an excellent nibbler.
Make and share this Pickled Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the stalks of the cherries so that there is only 6mm protruding from the fruit.
- Wash and dry the cherries thoroughly, put into glass jars and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre of the vinegar to the boil with the peppercorns, cloves and bayleaf, add a little salt and boil for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour the liquid over the cherries and leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- The next day, strain the marinade from the cherries, reheat it and the remaining unused vinegar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, cover the cherries and seal the jars.
- Leave for at least one month before eating.