Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Excellent accompaiment to any cold roast meats, pates, etc, and an excellent nibbler.
Make and share this Pickled Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the stalks of the cherries so that there is only 6mm protruding from the fruit.
- Wash and dry the cherries thoroughly, put into glass jars and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre of the vinegar to the boil with the peppercorns, cloves and bayleaf, add a little salt and boil for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour the liquid over the cherries and leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- The next day, strain the marinade from the cherries, reheat it and the remaining unused vinegar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, cover the cherries and seal the jars.
- Leave for at least one month before eating.
This is very close to a recipe I found somewhere else on the Web. I thought it would be interesting to try because I've never had pickled cherries before. Mine came out a little too soft but that was an error on my part, not the recipe. I haven't had the chance to share with anyone but I thought the taste was very unique and interesting. I'm glad I tried it. Saeriu