A neat refrigerator pickle courtesy of www.acommunaltable.com. Covered and refrigerated, pickles should last up to one month. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice celery into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 2Place in a clean 1 quart mason jar.
- 3Add dill and some of the celery leaves if you have them.
- 4In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, chile, mustard seeds and peppercorns.
- 5Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until sugar and salt and completely dissolved.
- 6Carefully pour contents over the celery in the jar.
- 7Let mixture cool, uncovered, then place the lid on and refrigerate for 24 hours before enjoying.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Celery
Serving Size: 1 (812 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7372.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar