Recipe by mollypaul
A neat refrigerator pickle courtesy of www.acommunaltable.com. Covered and refrigerated, pickles should last up to one month. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned
- 236.59 ml white wine vinegar
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1 small red chili pepper, sliced
- 9.85 ml mustard seeds
- 4.92 ml peppercorn
- 4 large sprigs fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice celery into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place in a clean 1 quart mason jar.
- Add dill and some of the celery leaves if you have them.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, chile, mustard seeds and peppercorns.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until sugar and salt and completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour contents over the celery in the jar.
- Let mixture cool, uncovered, then place the lid on and refrigerate for 24 hours before enjoying.