Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A neat refrigerator pickle courtesy of www.acommunaltable.com. Covered and refrigerated, pickles should last up to one month. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small red chili pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 4 large sprigs fresh dill
- Slice celery into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place in a clean 1 quart mason jar.
- Add dill and some of the celery leaves if you have them.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, chile, mustard seeds and peppercorns.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until sugar and salt and completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour contents over the celery in the jar.
- Let mixture cool, uncovered, then place the lid on and refrigerate for 24 hours before enjoying.