Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A neat refrigerator pickle courtesy of www.acommunaltable.com. Covered and refrigerated, pickles should last up to one month. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
- Slice celery into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place in a clean 1 quart mason jar.
- Add dill and some of the celery leaves if you have them.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, chile, mustard seeds and peppercorns.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until sugar and salt and completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour contents over the celery in the jar.
- Let mixture cool, uncovered, then place the lid on and refrigerate for 24 hours before enjoying.