Recipe by flower7
I found this on a blog a while back (sorry I don't recall where) and adapted it to what I had available. These can be eaten soon after making though I find the longer they sit, the better they are. They will keep in the refrigerator indefinitely.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 whole garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- 12 -16 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 4 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2-3 ounces sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the garlic.
- Add carrots and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and jalapenos and bring to a simmer again for another 10 minutes.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Transfer the carrots and cooking liquid into a covered container and refrigerate.