This is a family recipe, I can't remember a time when they weren't at the table. The longer they marinate the better they are. I suggest adjusting the seasonings or changing them to your taste.
- 12 medium carrots (baby carrots will do)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar (any kind)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut carrots into strips.
- Cook in 1 inch of boiling water with 2 teaspoons salt until crisp-tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain Well.
- COmbine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over carrots and refrigerate at least 1 hour or over night.
- Serve cold.