Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can't remember where this one came from, but it's easy, refreshing and good! Garlic can be toned up or toned down. The leftovers are absolutely delicious on a sandwich in place of a slaw. And it's something a little different, when you get tired of your regular salads. Please note: cooking time does not reflect chilling time.
- 1 lb carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- The original recipe says to cook the carrots in a small amount of water until crisp/tender and drain. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on how crunchy you like your salad.
- Place carrots in a serving dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and whisk together well. Pour over carrots, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Be sure you serve with a slotted spoon.
I made this with raw carrots, makes a nice change from them plain, great to have in the fridge for a light healthy snack when the afternoon hunger pangs hit. Thanks!