Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A mainstay of the Vietnamese kitchen. Tangy condiment livens sandwiches, adds complexity to dipping sauces, or can be served on its own. (Eating Well, 2003)
- Mix gently carrot, radish, and salt together in a medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minute
- Transfer to a sieve or colandar and rinse.
- Squeeze the mixture to remove excess water.
- Place carrot and radish in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar and vinegar; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. This is best served chilled.
I only use carrots but love this recipe.
I made half of this recipe using just the carrot as I did not have any daikon. It was wonderful! Since I figured I was missing a littel heat from the daikon I used soem sambal olek to make up for it. I used this on Vietnamese Sandwiches and it was a great addition.
This was excellent. Easy to make as well. I used this when Making Vietnamese Bun Thanks for the recipe.