Recipe by Latchy
This is a popular Thai side dish that I feel goes well with hot curries or chili dishes.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Hi Latchy, Well this may sound strange but we had this with Ham and beans and cornbread and it was really good.My husband makes a really good relish that we usually eat with ham and beans,but I wanted to try this instead,and it was great.Thanks for thi recipe,it was Yummy.Darlene
- 1 Chinese cabbage, about 2 lb
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the first 2 inches off the top of the cabbage and use for something else.
- Trim away the base of the cabbage and cut the rest into about 2 inch slices. Put into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into a preserving jar, seal and leave for 3 days in a cool place (pantry or refrigerator).
- This is a Thai dish to be used a a side dish with curries.