Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a popular Thai side dish that I feel goes well with hot curries or chili dishes.
- 1 Chinese cabbage, about 2 lb
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Cut the first 2 inches off the top of the cabbage and use for something else.
- Trim away the base of the cabbage and cut the rest into about 2 inch slices. Put into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into a preserving jar, seal and leave for 3 days in a cool place (pantry or refrigerator).
- This is a Thai dish to be used a a side dish with curries.
Hi Latchy, Well this may sound strange but we had this with Ham and beans and cornbread and it was really good.My husband makes a really good relish that we usually eat with ham and beans,but I wanted to try this instead,and it was great.Thanks for thi recipe,it was Yummy.Darlene