Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
I love these things,found this recipe in my southen living book--i love Brussels sprouts and here is a neat way to make or preserve them
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 (8 ounce) jars white pearl onions, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) jars button mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over the Brussels sprouts, cover and let stand to 10 minutes, drain sprouts and add onions and mushrooms. Mix gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over Brussels sprouts toss gently.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for 1 week before serving.
- Marinade may be saved and used again.
- These can be canned also.