Recipe by Sherrybeth
Yeah yeah, we southerner's will pickle just about anything! THESE DO HAVE TO MARINATE FOR 3 DAYS BEFORE SERVING SO PREPARE ACCORDINGLY!
- 3 cups canned black-eyed peas
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or Tony Chachere's if you prefer them hotter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peas.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, wine vinegar, garic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add peas and still well.
- Place in jar and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove garlic after 1st day.
- Marinate for 2 more days before serving.
- Stores up to 2 weeks.