Prep 12 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6- Scandinavia.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced freshly cooked beets (or use canned beets)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In a stainless-steel or enameled 1 1/2 to 2 quart saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper, bring to a boil and boil briskly for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the sliced beets in a deep glass, stainless-steel or enamel bowl.
- Pour the hot marinade over the beets and let them cool uncovered to room temperature.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, stirring every few hours to keep the slices moist.
ZWT6: Made these for my husband - he loved them! I am not a beet fan so he happily ate them all!! I will definitely be making this again as we get fresh beets from our farmer's market!
I really enjoyed this! I tried after about an hour and will be nibbling on them alot. Thanks! Made for the Looney Spoon Phoodies for ZWT#6.
Nice, but a little sweet and a little too tangy. I did let it sit for the full 12 hours. I prefer mine with more spice. . .like cinnamon and cloves. Glad I made them though! Thanks for sharing. Made for Team SSaSSy for ZWT6.