1/1 Photo of Pickled Beets (For Canning)
A wonderful combination of sweet and sour, you won't be sorry if you try this recipe! This recipe can also be made using about 15-18 larger beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot cook the unpeeled beets until fork-tender (do not overcook) cool and then remove the skins.
- 2Slice into about 1/4-inch thick or cut into cubes.
- 3Pack snuggly into the canning jars (be careful not to bruise).
- 4In a large saucepan combine the sugar, water, vinegar, ground cloves, allspice, cinnamon and whole cloves; bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes (no sugar granules should remain).
- 5Quickly pour over the beets in the jars, leaving 3/4-inch headspace (the liquid should go no further than the shoulder of the jar!).
- 6Process in a boiling water bath for 12 minutes.
- 7Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Beets (For Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (3116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 90.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g