1/4 Photos of Pickled Beets
1 hr 45 mins
This is a recipe that has been passed down in my family from my great-grandmother, to my grandmother, to my mom, and now to me! I am so glad to have this family favorite! I have now become the designated "pickled beets" preparer in our family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil beets in enough fresh water to cover, until tender.
- 2Allow beets to cool enough to handle, then remove skins (they should slip right off).
- 3If beets are small, leave whole, otherwise quarter or half as desired.
- 4Place beets in clean pint jars.
- 5Boil brine ingredients and pour over beets in pint jars to within 1/2 inch of rim.
- 6Wipe rims to remove any spills.
- 7Add lids and rings.
- 8Process 10 minutes in a hot water canner.
- 9If any jars do not seal when checked after 24 hours, put in refrigerator and use.
- 10You may also re-process these.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (1750 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 159.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g