1/1 Photo of Pickled Beets
1 hr 20 mins
Satisfied Kris's Note:
Old family recipe. You just can't eat store bought canned beets after tasting these. May also can this recipe, but multiply ingredients. It's not worth canning just one jar. :) Estimated prep time includes cleaning, skinning and cutting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the dirt off the beets.
- 2In a covered pan cook whole beets in boiling salted water until tender (35-50 minutes).
- 3Cool slightly, cut off remaining greens and slip off skins.
- 4Save 1/2 cup of the beet juice (water beets were cooked in).
- 5Cut up beets the way you want them.
- 6Put in a clean, empty jar.
- 7In a small pan bring the beet juice and the remaining ingredients to a boil.
- 8Pour the hot liquid mixture over the beets.
- 9Let come to room temperature and then chill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (1070 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1869.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 110.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: