Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I use beets from the garden and these are much better than the pickled beets you buy in cans.
Make and share this Pickled Beets recipe from Food.com.
- 3 quarts cooked and peeled small beets
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To cook fresh beets, cut tops off, leaving 2" of stems and the tap roots. Wash and cover with water. Boil till tender.
- Drain and cool. Slip skins off. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minute.
- Pack beets into jars; pour hot syrup over beets, leaving 1/2" headspace. Screw on lids. Process 25 minute in hot water bath or steam canner.
I made these yesterday and ate them all today (in one sitting). They are truly fantastic. I didn't have any allspice on hand so I substituted cardamon. I'm going to make these again tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
I used whole cloves instead of allspice but the rest was the same. I love them!
I made these today and man are they easy and delicious too. Thanks for sharing this recipe.