Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes. I would use sweet onions and add them to the marinade.
Make and share this Pickled Beet Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Drain beet juice into a small skillet.
- Add vinegar, bay leaf, clove and sugar. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Cool.
- Pour cooled juice over beets and allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Lift beets with a slotted spoon from the juice and serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with onion rings.