From 1001 Low Fat Recipes. I would use sweet onions and add them to the marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain beet juice into a small skillet.
- 2Add vinegar, bay leaf, clove and sugar. Heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Cool.
- 4Pour cooled juice over beets and allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 5Lift beets with a slotted spoon from the juice and serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- 6Garnish with onion rings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: