Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy simple pink coleslaw, with a lovely different flavour from chopped pickled beets.
- 236.59 ml green cabbage, chopped
- 236.59 ml sweet onion, chopped, walla walla is best
- 118.29 ml sweet red pepper, diced small
- 118.29 ml pickled beet, chopped small
- 14.79 ml pickle beet juice
- 44.37 ml no fat mayonnaise
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together pickle beet juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour before serving.
I thought that I had written a review for this. I'm so sorry, Derf. It was wonderful. I love pickled beets and never thought to put some in cole slaw. When I did the flavors just took off and I loved it. My husband said that it was pretty good. That is super for him as he likes cole slaw all alone and pickled beets all alone. But I loved it. Thanks so much for posting this.
I love both pickled beets and coleslaw, but never thought to combine them. Genius! It makes a colorful presentation. I had no red pepper, so I used a green pepper, but otherwise followed your recipe. Loved it. Thanx!