Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy simple pink coleslaw, with a lovely different flavour from chopped pickled beets.
Make and share this Pickled Beet Cole Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped, walla walla is best
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup pickled beet, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon pickle beet juice
- 3 tablespoons no fat mayonnaise
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together pickle beet juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour before serving.
I thought that I had written a review for this. I'm so sorry, Derf. It was wonderful. I love pickled beets and never thought to put some in cole slaw. When I did the flavors just took off and I loved it. My husband said that it was pretty good. That is super for him as he likes cole slaw all alone and pickled beets all alone. But I loved it. Thanks so much for posting this.
I love both pickled beets and coleslaw, but never thought to combine them. Genius! It makes a colorful presentation. I had no red pepper, so I used a green pepper, but otherwise followed your recipe. Loved it. Thanx!