Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
I was looking for something different for pickling peppers and I ran across this recip on cooks.com. I've made this, but we haven't tasted them yet. I'll let you know how they turn out.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- banana pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Use hot or sweet (or a combination) of banana peppers.
- Cut 1 slit in the side of each pepper.
- Pack peppers uniformly in jars.
- Mix together turmeric, salt, honey, pickling spices, and water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour over peppers in jar and seal.
- Prepare one jar at a time so the brine will continue boiling.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.