Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to preserve your asparagus.
Make and share this Pickled Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Bring the water, vinegar, and salt to a boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove all the cloves from the pickling spice (or as much as you can).
- Wrap the remaining spice in a cheese cloth or tea holder and hang in the vinegar mixture.
- Break off the ends of the asparagus and blanch for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, then plunge into ice water.
- Place 1 garlic clove and 1 pepper into each quart jar. Pack the asparagus into the jars standing on end, then pour the vinegar mixture into the jars making sure its very hot at the time to ensure a good seal on the jars.
- Wipe rims, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for ten minutes.
- Store in pantry for 2-1/2 to 3 months before use.
Great recipe. See photo.
Excellent recipe!!! I made 2 quarts as posted. I added 2 tbsps sugar to the remaining liquid and left the peppers out of the other 2 quarts. I also did a BWB for 20 mins, just to be safe!! I left them to sit for 3 months and they were perfect. The 2 made to recipe were perfectly spiced for my DH, the other 2 were perfectly sweet for me :) :) As soon as asparagus comes into season I will be making a few batches of each. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
Superb! For "the pickling challenged", this recipe was extremely easy! The resulting product was not only pretty, but I must go to the grocery store today and get more asparagus - my mailman, neighbors, etc are BEGGING for more! Thank you so very much!!!