Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
No complicated canning involved here. Simply immerse blanched asparagus in a jar of leftover pickle juice. We used the juice from Claussen Kosher Dill Spears. Recipe by Liz Shenk," Relish America's Harvest, "Awash in Asparagus,"
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop in asparagus and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Cut spears to the height of the pickle jar.
- Place in juice.
- Cover with lid.
- Refrigerate at least 1 day.