Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unusual pickled apple salad is very good served as an accompaniment to pork or as a relish on a burger, hotdog or sausage.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored and julienned
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle
- Combine sugar and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Mix together apples, onion, and pickle in a medium bowl.
- Toss with vinegar mixture and then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled before serving (lets the flavors mix).