Recipe by KarenTheMiltch
This is our family's favourite potato salad. As soon as bbq weather is upon us, my kids start asking when I'm making my potato salad. We're not crazy about celery, so I use pickles instead. I even use some of the pickle juice since we love the flavour so much. You can always just add a little celery if you miss the crunch. Tastes even better the next day.
Top Review by TinyJellybean
Awesome! The use of pickle instead of the more traditional celery makes all the difference between a potato salad that's "nice" and one that's actually mouth-watering. It's the perfect blend of textures: creamy, crunchy, smooth, and soft. Since trying this potato salad, all others now just seem bland and pasty.
- 3 lbs new potatoes, quartered
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup green onions with top, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour dill pickle, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and pickles. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator.