I am not a fan of pickles, so I always volunteer to take this salad to picnics and BBQ's so I know I can have potato salad with my Q. This recipe is not gloopy at all. The bacon is optional. I generally use either green onions or celery, but never both and garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes and slice in half.
- 2Drizzle olive oil on a jelly roll pan and sprinkle with salt. Lay potatoes cut side down and swish around a bit to coat with oil.
- 3Bake at 400 degrees until easily pierced with a knife - 30-40 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place eggs in a pot and put in enough cold water to cover by one inch. Bring to a slow boil. Once water has boiled, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes and then drain and run cold water over the eggs for about a minute.
- 5Cut bacon into a dice and fry until crumbly. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towells to drain. Reserve a Tbsp of drippings.
- 6When the potatoes are ready, remove from oven and cool just until you can work with them witout swearing :) Cut the potatoes into cubes and place in a bowl.
- 7Sprinkle the lemon juice (from one lemon), the vinegar and the reserved drippings over the potatoes and toss. Set aside to cool for a bit while you slice the vegetables and peel and dice the eggs.
- 8Mix the remaining ingredients together, adding just enough mayo to hold everything together and mix, smashing some of the potatoes with the back of the spoon to add texture. Season to taste with the pepper and more salt if necessary.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickle-Free Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 673.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar