An adaptation of my memory of green beans served in a steak house in Omaha Nebraska. The owner's daughter would only tell us that the secret to this sweet sour dish was something that most people throw away. Pictured here with No-Nonsense Chuck Eye steak #238451
- Add oil and butter to a large frying pan, heat until melted.
- Add onion and saute until nearly transparent.
- Add green beans, stirring until heated.
- Add pickle juice and dill, stir to coat, and serve hot.
- Depending on the pickle juice used, a little sugar might be needed if the dish is too sour for your taste.