Recipe by rst4306
These sound strange, but I've never had anyone try them who didn't say they were great. I host football parties every Sunday and always like to have a tray of finger foods that are bite size, and this is one I use often because its so easy and good.
Top Review by torimichael85
this is def not a weird recipe...they are a big hit at firehouse dinners and always go quickly. no one ever eats just one. i'd leave out the peanut butter though to ease your guests into trying something new
- 4 whole pickles (I prefer Claussen)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (give or take, I don't measure, softened works best)
- 4 slices deli ham (I prefer Domestic Ham, have it sliced medium-thick)
- garlic powder for sprinkling if you prefer savory
- sugar or peanut butter, to mix into the creme cheese if you prefer sweet
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry off pickles with paper towel.
- Using a knife, spread the creme cheese all around the pickles.
- Lie pickles at long end of ham and roll up just to get one layer around pickle.
- Slice pickles about 1 inch thick.
- You can insert toothpicks for easy serving.
- Serve at room temperature -- they are better once the creme cheese is soft and melds into the pickle.