Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is wonderful, it has the great taste of sweet potatoes with the wonderful crispy texture of a golden brown topping. This is an excellent alternative to the traditional marshmallow topping.
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups butter, melted
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven until tender.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Mush the pulp up and add the butter.
- Grease the oven safe pan before putting the pulp mixture in it.
- Put the pulp into the pan, spreading the mixture evenly throughout the pan.
- Mix all topping ingredients together, except butter, rubbing the brown sugar and flour between your hand breaking the clumps up creating a powder, not allowing clumps of brown sugar to remain is very important.
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over the pulp mixture, careful not to leave any of the sweet potatoes exposed.
- Pour the melted butter over the topping, making sure to cover all of the powder.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cool and enjoy.