Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from an old edition of Chatelaine Cookbook. It is a very tasty fish dish. Pickerel is my favourite lake fish.
- Cut fillets into 6 serving pieces.
- Dip them in milk, then in seasoned flour (1/2 tsp mixed salt and pepper to 1/2 cup flour).
- Heat 1/4 inch salad oil in large skillet.
- Add fillets.
- Saute quickly on both sides until lightly browned; do not over cook.
- Place fish on a heated platter.
- Melt butter in a separate pan, add almonds and stir on low heat until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and lemon juice.
- Pour over fillets.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Pickerel is our all time favourite. Living in Coboconk, Ontario we use to go fishing on Balsam Lake, bring our catch home and cook them right away. Great memories. This is a wonderful receipe. I did coat it in egg and milk and then Panko crumbs which I love using. I made it last night and the Husband did nothing but rave.