Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is super with a grilled steak! Cook time is approximate.
Make and share this Pickaroon Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and wash potatoes and cook in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain and mash with the butter and milk.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper and fold in the horseradish.
- Pour into a buttered casserole, cover with whipped cream, sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until brown on top.
This surely deserved to be the recipe of the day! As I was making this my guest was asking why anyone would ever spread whipped cream on top of mashed potatoes......well, we soon found out! It was to create the creamiest, smoothest potatoes you ever put into your mouth. I loved the hint of horseradish taste in this dish, too. A real winner keen5!
Oh, yummy! I made these potatoes for a New Year's Eve party, and they got rave reviews. The horseradish adds a really nice flavor. I was a little skeptical about the whipped cream on top at first, but it was tasty. The only thing I did differently from the recipe was to add about 8 ounces of sour cream to the whipped cream before I spread it on top of the potatoes. Great recipe, easy to make and a nice twist on the same old mashed potatoes!
Tasty potato dish, I used cheddar cheese. Looks great with the paprika addition. Thanks for sharing.