Recipe by keen5
This is super with a grilled steak! Cook time is approximate.
Top Review by Linda B
This surely deserved to be the recipe of the day! As I was making this my guest was asking why anyone would ever spread whipped cream on top of mashed potatoes......well, we soon found out! It was to create the creamiest, smoothest potatoes you ever put into your mouth. I loved the hint of horseradish taste in this dish, too. A real winner keen5!
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped until stiff
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and wash potatoes and cook in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain and mash with the butter and milk.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper and fold in the horseradish.
- Pour into a buttered casserole, cover with whipped cream, sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until brown on top.