Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is better than any Dairy Queen frozen cake! ---experiment using different flavors of ice cream and toppings, the possibilities are endless, small Oreo cookies and Oreo ice cream works well --- homemade soft cookies will not work for the crust, the cookies must be hard --- prep time includes 5 hour freezing time --- this is *SO* good!
Top Review by wholelottagall
I made in a 9x13" pan. I used Pecan Sandies for the cookies and made with double the French Vanilla ice cream. I used Smucker's Hot Fudge instead of Hershey's, as I like it better. I doubled the sauce and put half on the bottom, heating in the microwave to spreadable consistency. I then put the other half on the top of the ice cream. I sprinkled crushed coarse chopped pecans over the top of that, then froze. At serving time I cut into squares and served with whipped cream, cherries and colored sprinkles for decoration. Everyone loved it!
- 510.29 g packagesmall chocolate chip cookies, divided (must be store-bought not soft cookies)
- 59.14 ml melted butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml hershey's hot fudge topping, divided (or use favorite brand)
- 1892.0 ml ice cream, divided (slightly softened but not melted, use any flavor desired)
- whipped cream (use any amount desired to garnish)
- maraschino cherry (use any amount to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan.
- Finely crush only HALF of the small cookies to make the crumbs.
- Place in a bowl with melted butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar; mix to combine.
- Press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Stand the remaining cookies around the edge of the pan.
- Spread 1 cup hot fudge sauce over the crust.
- Freeze for about 30-40 minutes.
- Spread 1-quart of the slightly softened ice cream over the chocolate sauce; freeze for about 20-30 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scooper scoop the remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over the spreaded ice cream.
- Freeze for about 4 hours or until completely firm.
- To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.