I remember making this for my son all summer long, it costs about 6 cents a serving and is a real treat for kids of *all* ages, these are thick and totally refreshing! use any flavor Kool-Aid you desire! You will need a blender to prepeare these
- 2 cups ice water (let water sit in ice to get very cold)
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packagefruit flavor unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (use a small package unsweetened)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or use more)
- 4 cups ice cubes (one full tray of ice cubes)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (it will be 2/3 to 3/4's full) place the lid on the blender and process the mixture on HIGH for a full 1 minute.
- Stop the blender and mix with a long wooden spoon, look for any unchopped ice cubes, if all the chunks are grated up finely then go ahead and serve.
- You may need to process it for another full minute if there are any unchopped ice cubes.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY with a spoon to start as the mixture will be thick.
Cheap, easy, and perfect for the kids. Can't beat it.
Slushies are the new shakes and to think for years and years I thought a shake was what you did to your bootie. Kiwi watermelon flavor...the best!
This is a fantastic recipe...have came back to it every summer. Thanks for another winner - both for kids and big kids too.