Recipe by mailbelle
Customize the color of your pasta to go along with whatever holiday, sports team, etc! Since the 4th of July will be here soon I'm posting this with red, white and blue pasta, but the possibilities are endless! Use red and green pasta for Christmas, Easter egg colors for Easter, or for Halloween use orange pasta and throw in some black olives. For Superbowl parties or tailgating, match the pasta to your team's colors! We're Auburn University fans, so I make a blue and orange pasta salad. Have fun with it!
- 12 cups water, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 6 cups uncooked rotini pasta, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons blue food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 5 cups assorted raw vegetables (such as tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, olives, and red onions, cut into bite size pieces )
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add red food coloring and 1 cup pasta. Cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Repeat with 2 cups fresh water, blue food coloring and 1 cup pasta.
- Repeat with 8 cups fresh water and remaining 4 cups pasta.
- Place pasta in large salad bowl. Add dressing and seasoning and toss gently to coat.
- Add vegetables to pasta and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.