Recipe by Abby Girl
For the chef on the run made easy with tomato pasta sauce and fresh veggies. No cream of mushroom/celery soup or Velvetta cheese in this recipe, so making this a bit unique
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chicken thigh, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 700 ml pasta sauce (16 - 28 oz will do)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling water until tender; drain.
- Heat oil in large skilled over medium high heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper. Put chicken in skillet and saute for 2 - 3 minutes or until cooked. Remove chicken to a bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; saute for 1 minute. Add celery and zucchini; saute for 2 - 3 minutes or until veggies are tender. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in pasta sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomato, parsley and chicken; cook for 1 minute.
- Serve sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.