Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I was looking to bring down the calories as much as possible and still be able to enjoy this soup throughout the warm weather season. Checked out other recipes like this on zaar, tried four good ones and came up with this. Chill time is cook time
- 1 quart low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and shredded
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, white only, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Can garnish with very thin slices of cucumber or dollop of low-fat sour cream.