Recipe by Claire #3
Last year I became addicted to those sugary little pre-sweetened flavored oatmeal packets and loaded up. In an attempt to make some room in my cabinet for other things, I made up this recipe. I used Honey Nut packets, but you can use French Vanilla, Maple & Brown Sugar or whatever your favorite "packet" happens to be. These cookies are puffy, cakey and not overly sweet.
Top Review by valchemist
These cookies are fantastic. I used Quaker French Toast Flavored oatmeal and I used cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips. I then made a second batch in which I kept everything the same except I just left out the yogurt. I really liked the texture that way, too. It was a bit drier and less cake-like, but I liked that. Anyway, with yogurt or without, these cookies are excellent. Full of flavor and so easy.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 (43 g) packetshoney & nut quick-cooking oatmeal (or other sweet flavored)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together margarine, brown sugar and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir oat mixture into margarine mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in yogurt to make a thick batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around edges.