Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, easy, and tasty sauce that you can serve with either chicken breasts or pork chops. Yummy!
- 44.37 ml butter
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml white flour
- 411.06 g canclear chicken broth
- 14.79-29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58-44.37 ml capers, with juice
- In saucepan, saute garlic in butter until transparent.
- Add olive oil and flour making a paste.
- Cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add chicken broth a little at a time, and then add lemon juice.
- Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add capers with juice.
- Serve over chicken or pork.
I made this last night over sauteed chicken and it was absolutely wonderful! My daughter kept repeating this is really really good mom and my husband well when he wasn't drooling was singing my praises. I didn't change a thing- didn't need to. This is a winner! You have made my hubby a happy man!
I just made this sauce and it was wonderful!!! I did add some wine before i added the chicken broth and let it cook down....Then when I added the capers I also added some fresh sliced button mushrooms.YUM YUM. This sauce is sooooo close to the sauce that a fav resturant of mine uses.Try using this sauce on a good ribeye....AWESOME BABY!!
I have found the best place in tacoma, washington that serves this dish over pasta. It is called the cliff house restaurant at brown's point. I recommend the dining there to anyone visiting. Either, upstairs in luxury, or downstains in the lounge. The views are fantastic of commencement bay. I've gotten the recipe from their chef's with no problem, but have never tryed it at home, until I saw your recipe and how easy it really could be to make!!