I'm posting this recipe for the World Tour 2005, but I have never tried this recipe, sounds great anyway!
- 800 g red ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 liter beef stock
- 600 g veal, sliced
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 300 g spaghetti
- 80 g butter or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a skillet and glaze the onion and the garlic. Add tomatoes, herbs, beef stock, salt and pepper to taste, leave on the heat to reduce the sauce.
- Hit the veal with a hammer until it's very flat.
- Combine half of the parmesan cheese, the breadcrumbs and pepper and salt in a bowl.
- First put the veal in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Boil the spaghetti al dente.
- Meanwhile heat the butter or oil in a large pan and bake the veal schnitzels 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve spaghetti, veal and sauce on a beautiful plate, decorate with basil and serve with the remaining cheese.