Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From "The Good Housekeeping Cook Book" published in 1942.
Make and share this Piccalilli recipe from Food.com.
- Wash tomatoes; cut out stem ends and quarter lengthwise.
- Wash and seed peppers; quarter.
- Peel and quarter onions.
- Process vegetables in a food processor until they are chopped small.
- Place vegetables in a colander over a bowl to drain off liquid (discard liquid).
- Place vegetables in a saucepan with 2 quarts of vinegar; boil, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Strain vegetables again, discarding liquid and return to saucepan.
- Stir in 1 quart vinegar and remaining ingredients; simmer 3 minutes.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterilized preserve jars.
- Fill to within 1 inch of top; seal using your preferred method (my usual method is to scale the recipe down to 1 jar and refrigerate!).