Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
First had this at a restaurant down south. So yummy! Great way to use carrots in a meal. This is such a nice side dish that I've used it for dinner parties. Everyone thinks it's a sweet potato dish!
- 1 3⁄4 lbs peeled & chopped carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam or boil carrots; drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add margarine and beat well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the top is light golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly over the top with powdered sugar before serving.
I loved this recipe and servered it Christmas Day. I have since given out the recipe website to 4 other people, whom all loved it! Reheats great! Will add it to my favorite recipes for special dinners. Thank you.
At first it sounds like a very odd recipe. It is very simple to make and quite tasty. Now if you are expecting this to taste like carrot cake - it won't. This is much sweeter. The best way to describe this to someone who's never had this would be similar to glazed baby carrots. Very Good recipe. Thank you for sharing Lisa!