Recipe by susan
First had this at a restaurant down south. So yummy! Great way to use carrots in a meal. This is such a nice side dish that I've used it for dinner parties. Everyone thinks it's a sweet potato dish!
Top Review by sevitt
I loved this recipe and servered it Christmas Day. I have since given out the recipe website to 4 other people, whom all loved it! Reheats great! Will add it to my favorite recipes for special dinners. Thank you.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs peeled & chopped carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam or boil carrots; drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add margarine and beat well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the top is light golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly over the top with powdered sugar before serving.