Recipe by grandma2969
This recipe is similiar to another recipe I entered but is slightly different..Wonderful recipe to share during summer months...Light, not heavy
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped medium
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, finely chopped& toasted
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a preheated oven at 350*, place 1/3 cup pecans and Ritz crackers for 5 minutes.Place on paper towel to cool --.
- add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites in mixing bowl and beat till stiff.
- -- slowly add granulated sugar and continue to beat egg whites till very stiff, fold in 1/3 cup of pecans and Ritz crackers --.
- place in a 10" lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.spread to cover sides and bottom -.
- - Make a hole in center so it will more evenly bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 275* for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off --.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- .Mound with Cool Whip when cooled.
- Sometimes I add whatever fruit is in season, Strawberries, raspberries etc.as a garnish -- .