Recipe by jabeesgirl
Top Review by Sherrybeth
This will be my new "go to" recipe for carrot souffle. I have been making this dish for years, but lost my recipe. I knew when I looked at this one that it was a bit different and I REALLY like this one much better. It uses much less sugar than my original recipe and you were able to taste the carrots instead of just "sweet" when you took a bite. I served it with our Easter lunch and everyone wanted this new recipe. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- To the carrots add melted butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.