Recipe by mandabears
We have discovered Piccadilly Cafeteria here in Ocala and they have a Carrot Souffle that DH loves. I am posting it for him, I do not do Carrots!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb margarine, softened
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots until soft, I boil mine.
- Drain well.
- While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Whip mixture well with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Whip eggs in a separate bowl and add to carrot mixture and blend in well.
- Add softened margarine and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 13 x 9 pan, 1/2 full because mixture will rise.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and until top is light golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar.