Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This little snack is a great way to use up stale bread. Adapted from Breads of the World.
- 1 -2 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups bread cubes, cut from stale white bread
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- confectioners' sugar
- cinnamon (optional)
- Combine milk and salt.
- Soak the bread cubes in the milk for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Dip bread cubes in flour.
- Fry over medium heat until golden.
- Drain again.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.