Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Posting this to save and try later. From our local paper.
- 1 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup regular tomato juice (or Picante tomato juice)
- Put tomato and garlic into food procesor and puree.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. Whisk before using. Makes 2/3 cup.
This was nice and light. I did make one mistake: I somehow thought it called for tomato sauce, not tomato juice. So I just went ahead and made it with the sauce anyhow, as I like a thicker dressing. Didn't seem to have a real "kick" to me. Very mild spicyness, but that was fine. I do like the low calorie count and will probably make again and play with it a bit. Thanks.
We did love it!! love the combination of ingredients and spices. It had a very nice kick. Served over codfish cakes, perfect match. I will be making this again, thanks for posting!